Gjerpen Church lies on the northern edge of Skien and is a beautiful romanesque stone church built at some time in the twelfth century.
The church is dedicated to St Peter and St Paul and was extended in 1871-72 with the addition of two side naves and a new tower. The church belonged to the Løvenskiold Family until 1856.
It was restored in 1920, at which time an altarpiece by Emanuel Vigeland was added. The church was lit and burned indoors in 2003, but is now fully restored.
Håvundv. 53715 Skien
Do not show this message again.